The London Lawn Bowling Club was organized in 1892 and in 1902 had a membership of 245. The Club grounds were situated on the south bank of the River Thames, just at the confulence of the North and South branches, a great location for a bowling green. The members had two large greens for play – one 12 feet above the other – one 125 feet by 50 feet and the other 130 foot square, each had cinder bottoms. It was upon these lawns that the annual tournament of Western Ontario Bowling Association was held since the inception of the organization in 1895. These greens were lost in the flood of West London in 1937. Bowling then went to the P.U.C. grounds on Ridout Street. In 1879 the London Bowling and Rowing Club was noted for tennis, curling, and card games. The Thistle Club of London (1879 Incorporated 1903) was also formed to have a bowling department, lawn tennis and curling.